Jotting down some Win 7 commands that I often use for quick access to information. One can directly type these commands in the 'Run' window.
- msconfig: Get to know the programs that are configured to start during boot. Disable those programs that you are not interested in.
- msinfo32: Quick summary of your system information. Give detailed info on hardware resources, OS details, system properties, etc.
- control: Quick access to the Control Panel
- eventvwr: Quick access to the Event Viewer
- perfmon: Useful tool to monitor the performance of your system using performance counters.
- resmon: Great tool to check out the resource utilization of CPU, Memory and Disk IO.
- taskmgr: Quick access to Task Manager
- cmd: Opens the command prompt
- inetcpl.cpl : Opens the internet settings for proxy, security etc.